Thursday, November 18, 2010

Addictions~the way out (RUN)

One of the hardest things to look for when dealing with addictions is the way out, in 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV) it says that "...But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.” I believe the Lord doesn’t josh us by getting our hopes up that there is a way out, just to see us stumble trying to find it. Honestly when dealing with my addictions the first thing I am doing is not looking for the way out but trying to reason with myself as to why I can slip up. It’s a battle between my flesh and my spirit says Galatians 5:17 (NIV) "17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want." and the battle ground of my addictions is the body. So how does one see the way out? With God of course, that’s no easy answer to swallow and get done, but the first part of 1Cor. 10:13 says "13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful" the hard truth is that what your going through, other men have been through and they have stumbled in this but there are men who have overcome! I can not simply say that you are in with only those that have stumbled and not the later, because that leaves out the whole focus of the verse "...AND GOD IS FAITHFUL", the only ones that can overcome the evils in their life are those who RUN (!!!!!) to God. No matter what the addiction you can and should run to God with it.

How does that look in your life? is it pressing into the word, praying, listening to a uplifting cd? or are you standing in sin?

I beg you! Remember: God is faithful, He loved you while you still where in sin, and he is not a small god, all things can be done through Him, so run to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment