Monday, December 6, 2010

A Trip Inside My Mind: Scary

Ok so I found this “journal entry” I guess? In one of my old notebooks. Would tell you when I wrote it but I honestly don’t know. I do however remember that I wrote it right after having a demonic dream and it was pretty tough period of my life. Gave me goosebumps so I thought I’d post it. I think it would be helpful to somebody somewhere and I goes with some future posts I’m writing. Here it is:

Sometime in the summer of 2009,

The devil doesn’t know my thoughts; he can only see my actions. My action should be driven by the spirit. This new Thorn is good (i meant good skill wise) but he has no real power, none of them do. It’s all fear tactics. I need to correct my habits.
“So I say live by the spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.” That’s a promise in the word of God. The word of God is truth. Any message contrary to that is a lie. Any message that says I can’t IS A LIE! “So I say live by the spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature (I.E. the flesh) For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the spirit.” When I sin it feels like the spirit dies. Sin separates us from God. The flesh (sinful nature) desires independence from God. “Live by the spirit and you will not gratify the sinful nature (or flesh)” Which desires what is contrary to the spirit, which means to be separate from God. Because the spirit wants you to be close to God. “The spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature (closeness to God) There are in conflict.” There is friction that occurs. I am confined to this flesh while I am on earth. I can not exist on the earth with out the flesh. I am stuck with it. When you become a Christian the spirit comes to dwell within you. The flesh and the spirit clash. I am more used to walking in the flesh. I’ve always had it. Walking in the spirit is harder. I don’t feel natural; it’s contrary to what I used to. “So that you do not do what you want.” When you become a Christian you’ve expressed a desire to walk in the spirit and know God. And the spirit of God comes and dwells in you. You want to do this but you’re condition to do that. Bad habits die hard. They were already formed and are hard to break. You don’t always do what you want. I’d like to live a perfect sinless life but I know that is impossible. “But if you are led by the spirit you are not under the law.” The law referred to is the law of sin. The law of the “land” the rules by which everyone seems to be living. “The acts of the sinful nature are obvious sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery, idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy, drunkenness, orgies and the like.”

And that it. A couple point I want to make:
This is a perfect example of a good defense using the offensive weapon of the word of God I’d like to see Satan successfully tempt someone whose meditating on that. Many times we see our weakness and don’t do anything about it. If you have even the suspicion that something might be bad for you please BE AGGRESSIVE and take care of it.(Mathew 5:29 and Mathew 18:9Unfortunately many of the act of the sinful nature listed regularly practices in the church today. Be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment